In this Policy we use the terms:
“Personal Data” has the meaning set out in EU Regulation 2016/679. This includes any information about an individual from which that person can be identified;
“ECHAlliance” means Connected Health Alliance CIC.
Your rights in relation to Personal Data and how to exercise them
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the Personal Data we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified according to the provisions of local law;
- the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your Personal Data that is processed in breach of the law;
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Data. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your Personal Data. If that is the case, we’ll let you know and explain why; and
- withdrawal of consent – when Personal Data are processed on the basis of consent an individual may withdraw consent at any time (this may apply to processing of special categories of Personal Data where you have instructed us to act on your behalf and includes the following: racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership). In the event that you no longer want to receive any marketing material from us, please use the unsubscribe option (which is in all of our marketing emails to you).
- To exercise such rights and if you have any questions about how we collect, store and use Personal Data, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What basis do we have for processing your Personal Information?
- for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- the processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests (including that of the delivery and the promotion of our services);
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
What Personal Data do we collect and process?
We aim to be transparent about why and how we collect and process Personal Data. For further information on our processing activities please review the relevant section below:
ECHAlliance process Personal Data about contacts using a client relationship management tool (“Database”). Personal Data is collected and added to the Database by ECHAlliance staff, and can includes: name, email address, job title, telephone number, area of business, job role, jurisdiction, language, seniority and other business contact information. The Personal Data may also be collected by virtue of us providing our services to you as a member or at a networking event. In addition Personal Data may also be collected via the ECHAlliance website
- For contact and communication purposes: we may use your contact information to send you newsletters that we may circulate from time to time, news about any events we are organising or participating in, and/or other information about us and the services provided by ECHAlliance that we believe may be of interest to you. You can specify your contact preferences when registering online to receive communications from us or by subsequently advising us of your contact preferences using options provided on all of our marketing emails or the contact details as set out in the “Data Controller contact information” section below.
- Making contact details available to ECHAlliance
- Performing analytics – such as trends, sales intelligence, marketing effectiveness (such as click and open rates) uptake and progress.
- Utilising artificial intelligence to research news feeds, sites, posts etc and performing analytics to assist us in contacting you with relevant information.
Personal Data is retained on the Database for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out above (being the length of the business relationship). If a business contact requests to be forgotten their contact details will be deleted from the Database. If a business contact opts out of receiving marketing materials their details will still be retained (as we will need to retain a record of their request not to be contacted) but marketing materials will no longer be sent.
Visitors to the ECHAlliance website
We do not routinely monitor IP addresses for visitors to our website. Personal Data will be collected if you sign up to attend any of our events and/or to receive our marketing literature.
- Business contacts: if you have signed up to attend one of our events or to receive our marketing literature please see the paragraph above headed ‘Business contacts’.
How we look after your Personal Data and Confidential Information
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third party service providers.
Links to other websites
The ECHAlliance website, www.echalliance.com, may link to other, unaffiliated third party websites. Please note that ECHAlliance is not, and cannot, control or be responsible for the content or privacy and confidentiality practices of any third party websites. You must always carefully review the privacy and confidentiality policy of any third party website that you may visit in order to understand how the operators of that website may collect, store and use your Personal Data.
Updates to this Policy
This Policy was last updated in April 2021.Please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.
To make this site work properly, we place small data files called cookies on your device. Your consent is required to allow this to happen.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on your device when visiting our website.
- Cookies that make the website work properly for you and enable you to make use of the secure online services that we provide.
- Cookies that collect data about your use of the website which is then anonymised and used to help us improve our online services.
- Cookies that remember your preferences and make the site easier for you to use.
- Cookies that are placed by third party services we make use of to enhance the information we present online. We have no control over these third party cookies.
What cookies do we use?
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|Essential||borlabs-cookie||Saves the visitors preferences selected in the Cookie Box of Borlabs Cookie.|
|Statistics||_ga,_gat,_gid||Cookie by Google used for website analytics. Generates statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
Change your Cookie Preference: Cookie Preference
How to control cookies
Most browsers allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies. Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.
Data Controller contact information
While we hope that you will not need to, if you want to complain about our use of Personal Data please send an email detailing your complaint to the Privacy Officer: email@example.com